This can be a grill or pan fried dish. Your choice. No pictures this time since it was served for a dinner party last night. There was no time for photos.
* Marinade beef (steak, roast, ribs, whatever) in tequila and salt
* Pan fry or grill the steak. If you grill, cut off some of the fat from the steak and render it in a heavy sauce pan.
* Pull the beef from the pan (or add the rendered fat if you grilled) and pour in the marinade.
* Add an equivalent amount of grapefruit juice and a couple of heaping tablespoons of hot salsa.
* Reduce the sauce to a thick paste. Spread the paste over the beef and serve.
I kept a generous portion of the sauce to the side in a small bowl for those who couldn't take too much spiciness. That way people could add however much sauce they wanted. This goes well with bread and veggies.
Update: You can also add some fresh squeezed lime juice depending on the tartness of the grapefruit juice added. Lime wedges are a good garnish, particularly if you grilled the beef.